(I’ve been tagged by Kate)
1. What is your favourite book? Some of my favourite books are: His Dark Materials, The Hobbit, American Gods, Shelley: The Pursuit, Demian, Maugham’s collected stories, the Aubrey-Maturin series… (I can’t answer questions about favourites properly, sorry…)
2. Do you like Nutella? YES! (Though I prefer the Greek version. wow I haven’t had it in so looooong.)
3. What’s your favourite way to relax? A good book, a good beverage, some good music.
4. What’s your favourite season? (And no, I’m not referring to a TV series.) Winter. And Autumn and Spring. Basically I’m just not too fond of the relentless heat of the Greek summer, and I enjoy a crisp breeze, green smells and a good bad weather.
5. Can you cook? When I have to. I haven’t really cooked the past year or so but before that I cooked for myself for many years.
6. Do you exercise? I’m not doing any sports or go to the gym, so I try to walk as much as I can every day.
7. What do you dislike the most about yourself? My tendency to lose my temper easily with my family.
8. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go first? I want to spend the entire next December exploring New Zealand, along with visiting Hobbiton and being there for the Hobbit premiere. (it’s ridiculously expensive just to fly there from where I am.)
9. Who’s your favourite artist (as in painter, not singer)? I don’t have a particular one. I love Van Gogh, Caravaggio, Pieter Bruegel the elder, Schiele, Hokusai, Klimt… I love traditional Chinese and Japanese art and I’d like to add to the list comic book artists Don Rosa and Hugo Pratt.
10. What would you do if you had to live in a place where there was no WiFi? I would enjoy it. For a while. I wouldn’t last long. I enjoy being cut off every now and then.
11. Do you prefer sleeping or eating? Eating. There’s a million different things you can do with eating. Sleep is just something I do because my body demands it, I never liked sleeping more than 8 hours, and I’m sad I’m not one of those people who can function with less than 6-7 hours. I don’t take naps either. Best thing about sleep is the dreams, but you can’t really count on them.